Consultancy for External Evaluation
Deadline: June 9, 2020
Cambodian Health and Education for Community (CHEC) is a local NGO working towards reaching the Cambodian Millennium Development Goals, particularly in response to combating HIV/AIDS, eradicating extreme hunger and poverty, promoting gender equality and empowering women. CHEC is now requesting for a proposal from an experienced consultant team or individual to carry out an External Programme Evaluation of CHEC’s projects in 6 districts of 5 provinces of Kandal, Kampong Cham, Prey Veng, Kampong Chhnang and Kampot. The aims of the project is to reduce gender inequality and inequity among the target groups and encourage change from within. In addition to this, we mobilize community leaders to add social credibility, support and sustainability to reproductive health and HIV programs. The project works in conjunction with local government health centers and Voluntary Centers for Counseling and Testing (VCCT) as CHEC partners. The current project implementation period is from July 2019 to June 2022 to achieve the following project objectives:
Project Objective 1: The participation opportunities and leadership skills of young people at village and community level are strengthened.
Project Objective 2: Gender based violence in the project areas has been declined.
Project Objective 3: The support for women, girls and young people affected by gender-based violence has been increased.
A full ToR can be obtained from CHEC’s website or at the reception.
Prepare inception report
- Design a methodology for the evaluation in consultation with CHEC. The evaluation will use qualitative and quantitative methods,
- Design a workplan for the evaluation and develop data collection tools in consultation with CHEC.
- Collect data (from staff members, partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries involved) in districts and national levels.
- Submit the raw material related to data collection
- Analyze data.
- Work closely with CHEC Program Manager and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Present the findings and validate results
- Prepare final report including recommendations for future direction.
- Perform other tasks related to the assignment as required
- Inception report
- Evaluation report with recommendations
- Presentation for debriefing
- Skills and Qualification required:
- Master of Public Health, or similar and/or higher degree.
- Experience in the working area of the project
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative health research methods.
- Advanced statistical analysis essential.
- Fluent written English.
- Proven experience evaluating and assessing the impacts of projects working in various areas and/or conducting qualitative and quantitative health research studies or surveys.
- Experience with gender based violence prevention, gender equality
- Excellence in interpretation of study results and producing timely reports.
- Proven experience in managing a team.
- Experience with participatory methods
- Strong at facilitation, coordination and communication skills.
- Support from the project:
- CHEC will provide all project documents
- Support in making appointments and arrangements with project partners and target groups
- Support with travelling but CHEC will not pay for accommodation or meals.
Estimated consultancy days needed:
- Desk study of project documents: 3 days
- Number of projects sites to visit: 6 districts for 10 days
- Time for travel: 4 days
- Report writing: 5 days
- Briefing and debriefing: 3 days
Timeframe suggested: The consultancy is required for 25 working days from the period of July to August 2020.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a proposal containing the following elements:
- Technical and Financial proposal to CHEC according to the term of reference for external consultancy
- CVs of all evaluators involved including references
- At least 2 samples of previous evaluation reports
Application deadline: June 30, 2020 by 5.00 p.m. COB.
Application should be sent to email@example.com
The evaluation Terms of Reference can be collected from the CHEC office and is also available on the CHEC website: www.checcambodia.org